"We May Not Have It All Together, But Together We Have It All"

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Where are all the Griswold's??

Last night I took a drive through the neighborhood next to my apartments and I noticed something. Actually it was the lack of something that I noticed. No one had any Christmas lights up. No one! What happened to the Christmas spirit? There doesn't seem to be as much around now a days. I remember when I was young, my parents would pile us into the car and we would drive around all the neighborhoods looking at all the Christmas lights. I loved the razzle dazzle of the lights and the twinkle in our eyes. It was magical. I want to see homes that are decked out, over the top, and have enough lights that you could see it from space. Where are the Griswold's of the world? ? You might say that's tacky. I say the more lights the better. So everyone, go out and buy those new LED lights and get to it! What better way to blast your holiday spirit than with the sheer wattage of lights that leave your neighbors in awe.
Aunt Bethany:  Is your house on fire, Clark?
Clark:  No, Aunt Bethany, those are the Christmas lights.

I have already watched Christmas Vacation 3 times this month. I never get tired of it. It is my favorite Christmas movie, followed by Home Alone, then A Christmas Story.
In the movie there is this beautiful advent house and I have always wanted one like it. I did some online looking and found that they are pretty pricey, but maybe one day I will save up and get one and it can be our family heirloom.

I hope everyone is having "the hap, hap, happiest Christmas since Bing Crosby tap-danced with Danny f-ing Kaye." -Clark Griswold
XoXo
Tiffany